Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Update #3 - 30 Day Challenge - Week 1


 READY. SET. GOAL! 

I'm apologize for the loooooooooooooooong delay.

I had struggled with some very personal obstacles through the month of April and May.  It was necessary to focus my time and attention solely on my faith and trusting in my Lord to guide me.

During this time I was mentally broken and it effected me physically to the point of losing 10 pounds in a matter of two weeks.  This is very unhealthy.

Through prayer, faith and trust - I'm back on track and ready to begin this challenge.

Yesterday was the first time I've worked out in over a month. Ahhhhh!!  In those 24 minutes of Insanity's FIT TEST Shaun T,  kicked my booty!!  I'm already feeling the soreness. I've committed to the 60-Day Insanity workout with my 16 year old daughter.  Having a workout "buddy" is a great reminder that there is power in numbers! If you have a workout buddy, take full advantage of it because it's motivating and keeps you accountable.

So Let's REVIEW -
  • Nutrition plan - Check!
  • Weekly workout goals - Check!
  • Eyes focused upon Christ - Double Check!

Remember, if you skip a workout or mess up on your nutrition - DO NOT GIVE UP!  Wipe the slate clean and start again!  Most challenges we are faced with we typically don't get it right the first time around.  So be gentle with yourself. Our failures do not define who we are.  They are placed in our life to BUILD character an endurance!

If you wish to view my nutrition and workout plan click on the link below. I've updated for the entire 4 weeks, but do plan on tweaking it during these 4 weeks.  I will also update the information daily to reflect "actual" calories and workout results.  Additionally, I will make necessary updates if I become aware of any conflicts/changes that may impact my nutrition or workout schedule (Dinner with friends, unexpected appointments, etc.)

30 Day CHALLENGE - Nutrition & Workout Plan 


REMEMBER:  This is what works for me. I have a lot of repetitive meals, because it makes preparation simple. My thought process is "Food is for fuel, not for pleasure.


A few quotes that have been inspiring for me:

From my trainer ~
"What you eat in private, you wear in public."  - Isn't that the Truth!  
"Earn Your Body!" - Tommy Jones

My favorite's quote come's from the bible in Hebrews 12:1 ~
"And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." - Eyes focused on Him♥

And let us not forget some HARD truth ~
There is no growth without change - (Diet and exercise)
There is no change without loss - (Lose the bad habits and getting out of our comfort zone)
There is no loss without pain - (It may hurt physically and mentally, but YOU CAN DO IT!)  

These truths can be applied to everything in life.  Let this be the beginning of the transformation of your mind which will lead to the transformation of a new life.

I wasn't sure if I had the nerve to post these numbers and pictures, but what I remembered is that this challenge is not for ME.  This challenge is to Glorify God, encourage others, support and give hope to people who need it!  Learning to be comfortable in my own skin is very difficult, but I have to remind myself that God made me in HIS image.  I am perfect just as I am. 

June 17, 2013 (PM)
  • Weight: 145
  • Arms: 11"
  • Chest: 36"
  • Waist: 31.5' 
  • Hips: 38"
  • Thigh: 20.5"
  • Calf: 14"












No comments:

Post a Comment